Intense Weight Training Tricks
Looking for that extra pump at the gym?
If you’re working hard at building and sculpting muscle, you know that those extra few pounds can be difficult gains.
But there’s a lot you can do today to take your weight training routine to the next level. These intense weight training tricks will have you on your way to ripped, pumped up muscles in just a few weeks!
Are you ready for this? Let’s go…
Intense Weight Training Tricks: Change It Up!
Your muscles adjust to new stimuli, and eventually they stop responding. Besides changing the timing of your routine, there are a number of simple ways you can change up your workout to avoid muscle boredom:
- Change your number of reps.Any change in number of reps (and therefore weight) can get a response from your muscles. If you’re looking to lean out, try switching to lower weight at higher reps for a few weeks. Otherwise, make sure you’re adding weight whenever you can.
- Change your tempo. You’re probably still lifting at the same pace – 2 second lift, 3 second release. By slowing the speed of your reps, you’ll increase the time your muscles are under tension.
- Change your grip. Change the width of your bench press or vary the angle of your bicep curl. By adjusting your grip, you’ll change the part of the muscle you target, leading to better gains.
Intense Weight Training Tricks: Challenge Yourself
Once you implement some basic variations in your workout, you can start taking things to the next level. Here are a few ideas…
- Supersets. Supersets combine 2 or more sets with little or no rest in between. For example, you could alternate between a bicep curl and tricep extension, resting after 1 set of each.
- Drop Sets. For a really intense workout, drop the weight for a particular exercise when exhaustion is reached, so that you keep your muscles stressed for longer. Start with 40 pound reps for your bicep curls, and drop to 30lbs, 20lbs, and 15lbs without rest.
- 21s. Try dedicating the first 7 reps of a set to the upper half of the movement (as in a bicep curl, for example), the next 7 reps to the lower half, and the last 7 reps to the full movement.
Intense Weight Training Tricks: Take the Right Supplements
The truth is, the right supplements can really help you take things to the next level. As long as you have a diet rich in veggies, fruit, whole grains and lean meats then adding these supplements can really jack up your weight training efforts. Here’s what I recommend:
- A tasty, satisfying whey protein supplement to support muscle growth. You can’t pack on muscle without more protein. Try the new super-packed protein which is my absolute new favorite – Platinum Hydrobuilder
- A pre-workout booster for energy and endurance, to help you get that extra pump. Try this trick, mix these two together for the most intense adrenaline boost: USPLabs Jack3d & Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump MAX
- An intra-workout supplement for improving muscle endurance and recovery. Have you ever thought to include a BCAA drink while you workout to reduce muscle damage? This is by far the best in the market: Scivation Xtend
- A post-workout glutamine supplement to preserve muscle mass and maximize your results. Try adding Optimum Glutamine to your whey protein smoothie within 30 minutes after your workout
- A night-time recovery supplement to improve sleep and muscle restoration. This one is getting a lot of hype lately as reviewers are finding great success with it: Fusion Bodybuilding Sleeping-Giant
Want more intense weight training tricks to take your workout efforts to the next level please view Intense Weight Training Tricks Part 2.
Have any questions or feedback about intense weight training tricks? Please leave a comment below…